Keyboard not responding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
hope I have the right forum......
When I boot up I get a keyboard failure notice. I reboot and windows starts normally but the keyboard doesn't work. I turned off system restore and booted in safe mode and ran Panda antivirus and didin't find anything.Also when I go the control panel keyboard and select keyboard there is nothing there is nothing listed in the device properties. Also, I swapped out keyboards with my other computer and that one does not work on my computer either. Is it possible that Panda is missing something? My operating system is xp professional.
thanks
Amy

It could very well be that your motherboard's keyboard PS/2 slot has gone bad. Have you tried using a USB keyboard? I'm assuming when you swapped out with another computer's keyboard that the other one was working, but it won't hurt to test your 'bad' keyboard in your good computer just to check.
Other than that it's not a virus that is giving your keyboard problems, especially if it isn't detected on boot.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

could be a bent pin on either the MB or the keyboard. Perhaps the port has gone bad. Try a USB like poertner said for a quick fix.

usb/ps2

Hello.
I'm assuming the KB's are not wirless.
maybe try a ps2 to usb adaptor for additional testing of KB's
on both pc's.
G'Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back