Keyboard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

Hi all, i have a problem here regarding my computer.

im used to play racing games like need for speed and i used to press up arrow button to throttle which means that button is the most important button in the game.

last 2 months m keyboard. Genius KB06X (USB) have some problem that is sometimes when i hold it, it's it's released by itself, which means when im driving, suddenly the car is slowing down. even worse, from last month onwards sometimes it's not only released, the button is unusable for few minutes.

even i've already reformat my computer (co-incidence) and the result was the same.

last week, i bought a wireless keyboard sets from microsoft, namely the microsoft wireless optical desktop 4000 (formerly comfort edition).
it's a comfort keyboard, i like it, but the problem is similar, but now not only up arrow, W also affected as far as i know.

when im playing. when i hold down w and ^ button for few period of time, it's okay. but as im playing sometimes i always press nearby button together (e.g. wsad).
the problem is, when im pressing 2 buttons at a time for a long time, its okay., but when i press nearby button simultaneously e.g. while driving left and right. eventually sometimes the desired button (W and ^) will stop functioning and i have to re press the button.

well, you all know that it's super annoying when playing driving games esp when im on tough race. weird, my notebook default keyboard has never face similar problem. only my wired and wireless keyboard.

any idea? is it true that microsoft keyboard is designed like that (terminate repetition in pressing) ? or is it because im using USB connnection?

i stll have the warranty period from the shops, but it's quite hard to ask for refund over this small issue... i hope someone can share...

thanks, btw specs is profile comp no.2 :)

There are so many driver and connection issues with any USB device, it is best not to rely on USB if you don't have to. You might want to consider going back to a standard PS/2 keyboard.

Between a faulty USB driver, faulty keyboard driver, bios settings or faulty keyboard, there are too many issues to probably diagnose here online.

If you are bound and determined to save your USB keyboard, try plugging it into a different USB port and see if that changes anything (the keyboard will be redetected and the driver reinstalled if you change ports).

If you feel confident enough, you might try opening it up and cleaning the contacts (probably lots of debris in there in any case).

thanks for the reply.

i used to open the genius USB keyboard and clean everything up.
for that wired keyboard, i ask my friend to use it.
strangely, he said the issue i'm experiencing does not happen with his computer.
(basically means my wired keyboard is fine)

but, for the wireless keyboard, his computer also experience the same thing, that is termination upon long repetition of keys pressed. actually, im using a notebook right now where there isn't any PS/2 port available.

however, this wireless keyboard are going to be plugged in my desktop once i got back home. i just want to make sure that this does not happen in my desktop (it has both PS/2 and USB) cause this is the first time i'm seeing funny issue upon a keyboard. i believe for now, it may be the USB problem though... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back