Khan Academy offers educational videos via BitTorrent

By Emil
Feb 11, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. BitTorrent has released a new video catalogue app developed in partnership with the Khan Academy, a not-for-profit educational organization created with the stated mission "of providing a high quality education to anyone, anywhere." The app offer over 2,000 educational videos that cover high school and college level curriculum. All of the videos are free to download and open licensed with Creative Commons.

Read the whole story
  2. cyrusjumpjet

cyrusjumpjet TechSpot Member Posts: 93

"The BitTorrent Mainline and ĀµTorrent clients have a combined 100 monthly user base, so this is a huge with for the Khan Academy."

100 million, it seems. :)

Anyway, this is really cool. I'd be curious to see what information these videos are built upon and how credible it truly is. Seems to fall in line with Obama's plan for education and data being widely available.
  3. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 411   +42

I've been watching the Khan academy videos since he only had about 300 of them up on his site. The guy, Salman Khan, who makes the videos is an absolute Genius.
    I went back to highschool and passed that maths and then went onto college first year maths with the help of his vids. All passed!

Sal holds an MBA from Harvard Business School, where he was the president of his class. He also attended MIT, where he received 3 degrees: a Masters in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, a B.S. in Electrical Engineering & Computer Science, and a B.S. in Mathematics.
  4. captainawesome

captainawesome TechSpot Booster Posts: 411   +42

5. OUTLAWXXX

OUTLAWXXX Newcomer, in training Posts: 51

I LOVE THIS WEBSITE! The weirdest thing is I was just sending some co-worker a message to check this site out and then I come here :p
  6. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 6,304   +52 Staff Member

Khhhhaaaaaannnnnn!!!!
  7. Lurker101

Lurker101 TechSpot Addict Posts: 626   +122

About time we saw more legal use of bit torrenting. It's a shame it's main use is still piracy.
  8. princeton

princeton TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,716

9. lawfer

lawfer TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,272   +90

10. dinamike

dinamike Newcomer, in training

its really a nice work by khan .
    Many people not getting right standard of education . as they want

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.