TechSpot

Kids want to play with Xmas present!! Upgrade Slot 1 processor on Napoli motherboard

By orapaho
Dec 28, 2005
  1. Here are the specs on my parents old computer:

eMonster | 600, 550, 500 and 500a
    Napoli-2 Micro ATX (STX V1.2 form factor) motherboard, TriGem, Korea Single Edge Contact Cartridge design with Slot 1 connector Intel 443 ZX core and ITE8673F Super I/O controller
    Add-on AGP 3D graphics accelerator slot Crystal CS4281/CS4280 built-in Sound Blaster Pro, MPC-3, MPU-401 compatible Audio Enhanced Stereo full duplex operation

I bought Zoo Tycoon 2 for the kids to use on their computer, and the processor need to be upgraded to at least 733mHz. I ordered a Slot 1 866 MHz Pentium processor through eBay and just tried it out in the computer, but my computer does not boot-nothing on the screen-no beep (to my recollection). The 600mHz processor had a fan and the 866mHz did not come with a fan.
    Do I need a special processor for this motherboard? Or do I have a defective processor? And do I need to order a fan for whichever processor I reorder?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.