TechSpot

Kindle Fire early adopters to have access to thousands of apps

By Shawn Knight
Nov 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has announced that their upcoming Kindle Fire tablet will launch with several thousand apps available for download in addition to Amazon’s own feature programs. All apps are Amazon-tested on…

Read the whole story
  2. Colonel Lance

Colonel Lance TS Rookie Posts: 46

Sweet! This makes me more excited for the Kindle Fire. It'll be interesting to see just what exactly it will come with and how well it fares.

Side note: for the title of this news post I think you meant "Adopters" instead of "Adopers"
  3. And here we go again! Another industry-wide rush to develop more of the SAME applications for yet ANOTHER software platform.

Ironically, if you've paid for an app the iPhone you have to pay an additional $fee to download the SAME app on Android, RIM, and Windows Mobile. And now coming soon to this frenzy: the Amazon Kindle store.

...no wonder everyone in the app-development world is excited! ;)
  4. Mizzou

Mizzou TS Enthusiast Posts: 930

@Guest #3

From the article:

If I'm reading this right it appears that you only need to purchase the app one time for your Adroid devices.
  5. It's hardly a rush. All apps are the same Android apps already in the Amazon Appstore. So those that already have Android app developers have to do is to submit it to the appstore if they haven't already.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.