Kindle Fire HD 8.9" launches overseas, price cut $30-$100 in the US

By Matthew
Mar 13, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Amazon has announced that folks in the UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain and Japan can now purchase the 8.9-inch Kindle Fire HD, with prices starting at £229.00, €269 and ¥15,800. At the same time, the company says consumers in the...

Read more
  2. Jcanno0759

Jcanno0759 Newcomer, in training

Thought about getting one until their recent commercial. Gross
  3. ArthurZ

ArthurZ Newcomer, in training Posts: 79

I do no care about commercials, thinking getting it for my kid, for me an Android closer to the after summer launch of the tables, and later sure an Ubuntu tablet and phone.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,865   +344

Seriously. Regardless of your views of the issue, its really stupid of amazon to bring up a controversial issue in a commercial. Said the same thing about chick fil a a few months ago. Businesses unrelated to the issues at hand should not publicly broadcast their opinion on that matter. Seriously considering my relationship with amazon because of that.
  5. Puiu

Puiu TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,023   +90

269 euro... fing Europe getting the short end of the stick again. It's one thing to have regional prices, it's another to have regional prices that just are stupidly different for no apparent reason.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.