Kingston intros 128GB DataTraveler 200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew DeCarlo

Staff

Kingston has introduced the world’s first 128GB USB flash drive, the DataTraveler 200. Their high capacity drive features a capless design and incorporates password protection. In addition to the 128GB model, 32 and 64GB units are available – all of which are Windows ReadyBoost capable. Their dimensions are pretty standard at 70.39mm x 12.52mm x 22.78mm.

The only thing that can match the 128GB DataTraveler 200’s behemoth capacity is its price - a staggering MSRP of $546. That’s not to let the others off lightly. The 32GB model has an MSRP of $120, and the 64GB of $213. If I spent $550 or more after shipping, I'd be tempted to test USB ports with a cheap sacrificial drive. I’m kidding – sort of. Before I spook you, the drives ship with a five-year warranty.

Permalink to story.

Yeah! totally agree! although, if its readyboost ready, doesn't that mean you could use this with a 32bit vista or 7 and actually have over 100GB of RAM or virtual memory avalible? and for that price, they'd be smart to wait and make it USB 3.0 compatible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back