Kingston or Samsung ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathrattle

Hi

I want to buy a new stick of RAM (512meg PC3200 DDR400)

Well my problem is that i was going to buy CRUCIAL RAM
But i discovered in my motherboard manual that there is a list of makes to use (and crucial aint there)
It also says that using any other ram than the makes Tested , it could damage my mobo

So it looks like i have to buy KINGSTON or SAMSUNG

So which is the better RAM ...........Kingston or Samsung

thanks for help

hi and welcome to Techspot

The best ram alot of people say is Kingston, its the most expencive but i have heard it works good so go for that, and where are you shoping for it. and if u dont mind how much are you paying for it if its over 70 its to much. and is it Dule chanel

swker98

Ok I took your advice and ordered the kingston

I got it from Dabs.com for £40 , Its not for dual channel setup as unfortunately I couldnt afford two sticks just yet, Ill get another one next week when im paid.

As long as they have the same cas latency I should be able to run them in dual channel right ? ? or do i need to buy a dual channel kit for that ?

Its all a bit new to me is this dual channel game :giddy:

Thanks for your help ..........................John

For dual-channel to work, you need two sticks of the same size and type of memory, preferably (but not necessarily) from the same production-run or (best case scenario) as a matched pair. This last is more a sales-gag so the vendors can up the price.
If you don't need the very last percent of speed from your PC, 2 equal sticks as described above will do fine.
Read your mobo-manual where to put the sticks in to achieve dual-channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back