KitKat now powering over a third of Android devices, Jelly Bean's adoption falls to 50 percent

1. Google has updated its Android Platform Distribution numbers for the month of November, revealing that KitKat, which was released an year ago, is now powering over a third of mobile devices running the company's mobile OS.

Read more
  2. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 1,436   +592

Jelly Beans adoption has fallen? That doesn't make any sense.
    Jelly Bean's percentage of factory implementation has gone down significantly due to its replacement, Kit Kat.
    Adoption? Really? Cmon Man!
  3. S_Brideau

S_Brideau TS Rookie Posts: 65

^ I agree with that.

Also, they'd get more adoption rate on KitKat if they'd only force manufactures to update for older models of phones as well. For example my LG Optimus G which hasn't had a single Android system update in 2 years.
  4. I own a Samsung Galaxy S2. It came out in May of 2011. Samsung stopped releasing updates to it in January of 2013, less than 2 years later. This phone will forever be stuck on Android 4.1.2 unless I flash an unofficial ROM, like Cyanogenmod, to it. So, Samsung could get Kit Kat working on my phone, they just chose not to in an effort to get me to buy a newer phone. Which is why I'm likely going to buy a Nexus phone, despite it lacking a microSD slot. If you want the latest version of Android, it seems to be the best way to go.