TechSpot

Klipsch promedia 2.1 vs. GMX A-2.1

By stevet47
May 2, 2004
  1. Klipsch is selling refurbished products cheap and I am in the market for a 2.1 system. They are selling both their origonal ProMedia 2.1 and their newer GMX A-2.1 for $99, which would you recomend? The ProMedia's have a THX certification and the sub has 130watts, while the GMX's dont have the THX certification and the sub only has 75watts. But I have heard that the GMX 2.1 is the best 2.1 system out there so I dont know.

I'm confused, what should I buy?

2. stevet47

stevet47 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Common guys/gals. $ of u have looked at this post, someone respond.

3. SornyPanafonic

SornyPanafonic TS Rookie Posts: 159

those sound like excellent deals since klipsch products have awesome sound (i had the original 5.1 and now i have the ultra 5.1 promedias) but their life span is less then stellar - im on my third pair now (having returned two 5.1s till i got the ultras). for 99 bucks and a warranty you should def get them tho - the bass is insane - sweet sweet bass (if only my neighbors didnt complain :D )

4. onetofollow

onetofollow TS Rookie

klipsch

i have the klipsch pro media 2.1 speakers. i have been both impressed and disappointed with them at times.

when i first got the speakers, the subwoofer didn't work at all, so i had to send all of it back to get a new set. when i finally recieved it, i was AMAZED with the sound, mostly with the bass. the subwoofer if by far the highlight of the system.

only real problem i have out of it now is i get alot of static with the speakers. if i have the volume set, it is fine. but it seems like maybe dust or a loose connection inside the volume knob on the control is causing alot of static when adjusting the volume.

so i don't know. the quality really doesn't seem to be there, even though i thought they were a pretty respectable manufacturer.... then again, maybe it's just my crappy luck with getting lemons...

5. vegasgmc

vegasgmc TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,764

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.