TechSpot

Knoppix

By beerabuser30
Dec 19, 2005
  1. This is my first delve into the world of alternative operating systems. I was told to get Knoppix to repair Windows pcs. Anyone know anything about how that would work? I am in knoppix now and I am really enjoying it. What an amazing piece of software to run of a cd. Any advice on how to use this is a diagnostic tool would be greatly appreciated.

2. smtkr

smtkr TS Rookie Posts: 138

What are you trying to diagnose?

3. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 294

I am going to be a computer repair technician. I am looking for useful tools to have on me when I am doing house calls and someone said Knoopix. So I have been messing around with it just to see its capabilities.

4. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

As a diagnostic tool, I assume.

Simply by using it to check if hardware works.

5. beerabuser30

beerabuser30 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 294

How compatible is Knoppix with all hardware. It detects everything on my system great. But what about other systems?

6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,657   +323

Its going to be pretty good with most everything. The exceptions being some proprietary stuff on branded PCs, and hardware released recently. Occationally check to make sure you have the latest version.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.