Know what a old blaster PC is ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adhama

I've got an old kit from tigerdirect. it's a blaster pc sound blaster mother board.
just put it together. it is five years old and never been out of the box.

Has anyone ever heard of these machines or have one. The book says it's capable of good things complete with remote.

if anyone is familiar i would appreciate some insight.

I never heard of Creative making motherboards,

Are you sure thats not a old sound blaster live card ?

creative labs blaster pc

thanks for the reply. My brother bought it from tiger direct before going to Iraq.
now its mine.

its an creative labs mother board, power and case with the blaster live right on the mother board.

I cant ask him anything about it because he's no longer with us. But I desperatly want to get it up and running just for him.

no drives,video mem or cpu.

Iv'e tried asking tiger and creative labs about it and they just wont or cant respond.

since it has no cpu or memory you will need to find out what type it uses. the cpu socket type should be marked on the cpu socket (ex: socket 370, socket 478, socket 462, etc) the memory is harder you will either need to try different types of modules physicaly or look at the notches. Once you find the cpu type this will narrow down the possible memory types. for video find out weather you have an AGP or only PCI slots. AGP should be a different color and offset slightly from the white PCI slots.

I've never heard of a creative motherboard but they once made some (unsuccessfull) video cards so anything is possible.

blaster mother board

thanks for the quick reply. It's a socket 370, dimm mem, and it can use either but i prefer AGP. Oh and 900mhz pentium, pc133 sdram.

ok a socket 370 pentium 3 cpu is required.make sure to apply thermal paste and a compatible socket 370 heatsink. you will need PC 133 memory. the drives should be standard IDE. for video many good AGP cards are currently avalible for low prices.

If you are unfirmiliar with the process of constructing a PC let me know and I will post a step by step walkthrough.

I just got back from creative labs site and there is a few of these boards out there but they do not have tech help because it was subbed out to tiger direct to build the boards for them.

Im reading the assembly manual right now and your right on.

I would like to ask you questions through this site from time to time with my endeavor to build my brothers PC.

thanks

I don't have a manual, just the assembly guide. your right M003. Their is a logo Master Board , creative technology inc. model M003
Ive been working on this all day,the assembly guide says what i need and i pieced enough. 1024mb, pc133sdram, pentium 900 slot 1 370, 3pent, fan and thats about all for the day I think.

Thanks for the reply and if you here of anyone thats got one, get back to me on the forum.

Sorry, I just came across your post. I have the same system, and I still use it. It's great for music.

I have the original setup disk from tiger that I can copy for you if you want. I think it also has the upgraded flash. Do yourself a favor and get a Ultra 133 PCI Controller card for the hard drives and max out the memory. This will bring this system to about 2002 specs.

Did you also get the case because it's a custom box?

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back