TechSpot

Kodak to Stop Selling Traditional Cameras in U.S.

By Julio Franco
Jan 14, 2004
  1. Eastman Kodak Co. on Tuesday said it will stop selling traditional film cameras in the United States, Canada and Western Europe, another move by the photography company to cut lines with declining appeal in favor of fast-growing digital products.
    With sales of digital cameras poised to overtake film cameras for the first time this year, Kodak is redefining itself in an effort to keep pace.

Read more: Reuters.

2. Krugger

Krugger TS Rookie Posts: 210

I still would like the option of buying a nice film camera in the future. digicams are hot right now, but something about regular cameras still feel right sometimes. i think itd be a shame if they were phased out.

3. ak_in_charge

ak_in_charge TS Rookie Posts: 137

I agree, you don't need to phase them out. Not everyone wants to be able to put there pictures onto their computer.

4. Krugger

Krugger TS Rookie Posts: 210

in fact, no one in my family, other than us kids, would even be able to operate a digital camera and get the pics onto a computer.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.