Konami reveals 'Metal Gear Solid: The Definitive Collection'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Konami has announced intentions to release what it’s calling the ultimate collection of Metal Gear Solid V-related games.

The aptly-named Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience will include the 2014 prologue Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and the main story, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Buyers will also receive Metal Gear Online and all associated DLC for each game which includes mission packs and a slew of weapons, costumes, armor and more.

Konami president Tomotada Tashiro said Metal Gear Solid V has received more than 60 industry accolades and awards to date. The Definitive Experience will give players an opportunity to play the complete MGSV experience without interruption, he said, adding that buyers will also get access to a completely unique multiplayer setting designed for a truly engrossing gaming experience.

For the uninitiated, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is widely considered to be one of the best games of 2015. In fact, it made the cut in our recent feature of the best PC games you should be playing right now alongside other favorites like Fallout 4, Grand Theft Auto V, Rise of the Tomb Raider and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, just to name a few.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience is scheduled to arrive October 11 for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (via Steam). Expect to pay $49.99 for the opportunity.

Permalink to story.

Wow Konami... great job in still trying to ruin a great game. Now you just want to milk a game you never came up with. First with a new crappy addition and now a new collection of the same games we already bought? No thank you.

Wow Konami... great job in still trying to ruin a great game. Now you just want to milk a game you never came up with. First with a new crappy addition and now a new collection of the same games we already bought? No thank you.

Are you realized, that this collection is not for the players who already have its content? A package which harbor all the content from a "great game" how so an attempt to ruin it? Konami didn't came up with MGSV? It is Konami's Intellectual Property, it's theirs...

Are you realized that noone hold a gun to your head and force you to buy this package?

Damn, this blind hate towards Konami is pretty pathetic.

it's not blind hate, Konami is hated for good reason. People who still give them money are the ones who are blind.

Sure, yeah, good reason. Based on rumors, speculations, and guess work, without any hard proof on Konami. If you want to hate them, just do it, but for me it is without any reason.

Sure, yeah, good reason. Based on rumors, speculations, and guess work, without any hard proof on Konami. If you want to hate them, just do it, but for me it is without any reason.
Rumors? What are you talking about dude? Sure, there are some rumors (a lot of bad ones), but most people hate them for what they did. From the way they treated the fans of the games, to the way they treated Kojima, everything was incredibly insulting.
Did you like that pachinko Castlevania with erotic violence?

it's not blind hate, Konami is hated for good reason. People who still give them money are the ones who are blind.

Rumors? What are you talking about dude? Sure, there are some rumors (a lot of bad ones), but most people hate them for what they did. From the way they treated the fans of the games, to the way they treated Kojima, everything was incredibly insulting.
Did you like that pachinko Castlevania with erotic violence?

Don't forget how they treat the game developers. Quite a few of them left because how poorly they would treat them. That's my main reason for not liking Konami.

Misleading article title...for a moment I got excited that they had the intention to release the MGS Series to PC. Then it's specified MGSV >.>

Are you realized, that this collection is not for the players who already have its content? A package which harbor all the content from a "great game" how so an attempt to ruin it? Konami didn't came up with MGSV? It is Konami's Intellectual Property, it's theirs...

Are you realized that noone hold a gun to your head and force you to buy this package?

Damn, this blind hate towards Konami is pretty pathetic.

Dude not going to argue with someone who post and has no idea what the heck they are talking about... But let me correct all your statements to facts. Other then I started playing MGS since the original game back in the early 90's. Metal Gear...

*This collection is for anyone who wants to own it, when I say ruin and milk the game is.... They came out with Ground Zero and costed $30.... then they game out with Phantom Pain for $60. Now they are putting together what should of been phantom pain and how it should of been sold. That's called milking... when you sell the same game again but just call it or package it differently.
*To add more to how Konami is runing this great game which was created by Hideo Kojima NOT by Konami so check your facts kid (and english), Konami is now creating a side game called Metal Gear Survive... Why? That's also called milking this great series.
*Yes it's there property but not creation, and fans don't want to part take on a game which now a company is just abusing and taking advantage of the fame it has. Espeically when they fire the original and only creater of the series.
*And yes no one holds a gun to your head but wtf does that have to do with anything... "And force you to buy this package"? Package hasn't came out...
*Finally what blind hate man? I'm saying it straightup not suger coating my hate to Konami. Yes I hate what they have done after this game was released and the actions the company has taken. Is that blind hate?

so check your facts kid (and english)
Hahaha, top marks for making me laugh. Criticising someone's English while butchering it yourself. Genius!
Regarding the article, for a moment I thought it meant that Konami was bringing all series of the game to PC and maybe giving the older ones a HD improvement. Alas no, it's just another limited bundle. While I love MGSV:TPP and often go back to it, delete my save and start afresh, I have zero interest in the online part of the game - in fact I have negative interest as I don't like it when online players can enter my single-player game and steal my resources/staff. Thankfully that happens extremely rarely so it's still a great game. At least up until the point where it limps to a sort-of ending. For me it ends on the mission when Quiet leaves, as the rest of the game is unfinished and I have no desire to spend 2 hours going through the hospital again just to find out what happened to the face I created at the start of the game.
It's sad that Kojima didn't get time to finish the game - it could have been an epic title. I don't know the details behind that - perhaps it's as much his fault as Konami's.

The engrish is strong here :p

PS: nobody cares about what the deal behind doors was between Kojima and Konami. it's what they publicly did that made people hate Konami.

As someone that hasn't played a single Metal solid gear game in existence. This definitive edition looks worth it.
I will keep an eye on it.

Back