KOTOR 2 graphics problem

Howdy everyone. I gave my old copy of Kotor 2 to a friend of mine, so he could play it, but he keeps running into a big problem

Whenever he finishes creating his character, and after the opening scrolling movie scene, it will go to a black screen. The sound still runs, and you can see the cursor, but nothing else. We tried updating the game, and the game will run until it gets to the first point where you can control the droid through the Ebon Hawk, then it will turn black.

He is running an Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family 182 MB for the graphics card. While the config test says that it can work, it is not recommended. when I looked on the Lucasarts support page, I was not told whether or not the chip was supported.

Everything else passes with flying colors, except for that card. Do I need a certain patch that im missing, or is the game not runnable with max graphics?

Attached is the full config test information

Attachments

• swinfo.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 1
I'm more then positive that the problem lies with the integrated card. KOTOR 2 requires hardware T&L compliant video card which I do not believe his chipset supports like most integrated cards. And I'm pretty sure Lucasarts doesn't support his chipset either as most developers/publishers don't support onboard cards even if the game works on it. The game is rather old so he always has the option of picking up a low-end GPU which can come in handy for more then just that game.

Back