KT6V series MB help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently build a new computer using a KT6V MS-7021 ATX Mainboard. When I attempt to boot it up, it errors out. The board has an optional Diagnostic LED on the back. The LED lights up with 4 red lights which it says:

System Power ON
The D-LED will hang if the processor isdamaged or not installed properly.

I'm using a brand new Processor, in fact I even tried a second new processor that still caused the same problem. I'm thinking its something else causing the computer to hang. And other ideas are suggestings to what might be the cause would be apreicated.

Thanks

Is that MSI Products? you should read their FAQs. Please tell us your system specification in brief in here..

Thanks, Lucan

AH, I feel your pain too. It's MSI boards.

I ONLY buy MSI motherboards because they are the only mobos that don't require a floppy drive/disk to flash the BIOS (at least that I'm aware of now). They usually get pretty good ratings too. Anyway, I have RMA'd/returned 3 MSI mobos in the past 6 months for the same type of failure. No POST, no beep, bad processor LED code. I tried everything and even replaced the CPU - the mobos are BAD, bad, bad. Just go to MSI's website and fill out the RMA form. If enough boards get RMA'd, MSI will get the picture and tighten up their QC.

Yes its a MSI broad. Unfortantely, I'm a *****, I didnt connect the AXT 12V Power Connector to the broad. I feel real stupid now. Anyway its up and running no problems atleast for now. Thanks for the responses though.

Krondur

failing to connact said 12v connector can damage various parts. i hope there was no damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back