TechSpot

L.A. company acquires Amiga Games Inc. and the rights to 300+ games for $500,000

By Shawn Knight
Jul 8, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A Los Angeles-based distribution company has agreed to purchase Amiga Games Inc. in a deal valued at $500,000 in company stock and cash. This will reportedly give the new owner, Writers’ Group Film Corp., the rights to distribute more than...

Read more

2. I hope theres some classics in that list, but the ones I like are multi platform of their day, for instance, cannon fodder, chaos engine, and alien breed the original 2 games.

Would be nice to see these, but you can get that clanto forever emulator if you want to play these games right ?

3. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 814   +93

How long does copyright last, again? Seems wasteful, but I can see mobile users buying them for $1.

4. Please let one of them be rampart..
    That game NEEDS to be released for smartphone

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,505   +2,054

Yeah what nostalgia. I remember playing some Amiga games on my Commodore 64 back in the day.

6. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +295

SWIV on tablet, that would be cool. Mightnight resistance, another classic side scrolling shoot em' up that would be fun on touch devices.