L.c.d. flat screen television

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone. I recently bought a floor model of an l.c.d. digital color flat screen tv. model is sony bravia kdl-v40xbr1. It has a great picture except for one certain spot on the screen. We don't notice this problem all the time, but it's one of those things that once you see it, you are always looking for the "blemish"...On lighter screens or flesh colored tones there appears to be some smudges or dirty spots on the screen. We called Sony and they suggested a soft damp cloth. This didn't help. To me. there are no smudges on the screen when the set is turned off...although my husband says he still sees them in certain light. TV is still under warranty, but I am told that if the screen is damaged this would void the warranty. Is there something to clean an lcd screen and if it is damaged how expensive will it be to be repaired? The "dark" spots are not that noticeable, but once again, now that we know they are there, the eye searches the imperfections out. Thanks for any help..

You can not "clean" this type of imperfection. If you can't see this blemish when the TV is off, the LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) is internally damaged. You might be able to get Sony to replace the TV under warranty... then again, maybe not.

The LCD Display can't be repaired. It has to be replaced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back