labtop LCD problem

By chris_1
Mar 2, 2007
  1. Hi guys i got an irritaing problem with my labtop that is I installed a new Lcd on my labtop whish is of the same resolution of the original one , however when my system boots the Lcd divided into 4 small screens and it still this way until i reach the login stage then they get merged into one screen but with black bars on both sides .. I tried to extend the resolution and it those two bars disappeared but the icons , text, images are not clear at all i.e the clarity of the screen is very bad hardly to read the text ... I uploaded some pics of the problem i faced may it help you to understand my problem

2. chamillitarysk8

chamillitarysk8 TS Booster Posts: 128

seems like somethings wrong with your software or the screen
  3. nismo91

nismo91 TS Evangelist Posts: 899   +15

Maybe you are using 4:3 aspect ratio instead of 16:10 or 16:9 (widescreen). Go to you graphic settings and tick fullscreen mode (apply to intel's gpu)
  4. chris_1

chris_1 TS Rookie Topic Starter

thx for reply guys ,chamillitarysk8 may be but how to fix that i.e is there a driver to be downloaded ..
    nismo91 I did that the fullscreen mode but as I told before but this reduced the clarity of the screen that I hardly see the things
  5. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,233   +234

get into the Display Properties and make sure the refresh rate is set at 60Hz
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.