Lagging in playing online

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi
my name is karan i have a airtelbroadband connection 128kbps speed unlimited download limit(DSL). i want to play fifa07 online
i try to do that through hamachi network
when i dont play online the game works well enough in a gud speed
but when i play online via direct ip
i dont know
theres too much lag in between
too much
i ask others who play dere online they said 128kbps is well enuff speed to play
though i have tried 512kbps speed too
but it dont work

MY PC configuration is
Windows XP
1.8Ghz processor speed
512MB RAM
intel(R)pentium 4 processor
intel(R)graphics controller

i just formatted my machine too but it didnt work
in view of virus scanning software
i have AVG free edition fully updated
MCcafee Security Centre fully updated
Ad- aware 2007 only trial version

people in hamachi do say that my ping is often high
one time it was 1100 too
also
when i try to ping som1 somtimes it pings others ip address and somtimes returns message request timed out

plzzzz help me
i love this game

plzz help me
thx

Hi there,
ok, first of all 128k AND fairly low spec pc, is not really enough for good lagless online gameplay.
I'd expect pings of up to 200 with a 128k (from past experience). But then you have to factor in your pc specs and the state of the server you're playing on.
Also, if your anti-virus is playing a part in the lag. Not sure why you think you need 2 AV programs, but i'd disable them both temporarily and see if your online gaming experience is any better.

hey jacko
how to factor my pc specs and on what server i m on
help me
plzzz
128 is gud enuff
others play with no lag
i play the game with no lag
but offline
not online
help me???/

128kbps speed

That's pretty slow actually, try doing this:

Go to www.speedtest.net and do the test on a recommended server ( a golden / yellow pyramid thing ) and see how much Upload / Download speed you have

Before I had really slow internet with only about 600-700kbps Download and 400kbps upload and every game I played it lagged alot, now I have 6000kbps download / 1600kbps upload and I play with very good ping

So maybe it's just your internet?

i play the game with no lag, but offline. not online

If that's the case it's definetly your internet

Ya I have to agree with TimePradox. 128k is kinda slow. Add that with your system specs and no wonder you are getting lag. I had a 256k connection and that was ok but definitely not the best. I would upgrade you connection speed and your system. Fifa07 is a new game which probably requires a pretty good graphics card and CPU. Wow ok never mind about the specs just checked and they are kinda low. Any way it did say that you need a 512kbps internet connection. So I would upgrade to like a 1 meg connection and see if that helps. You said that you tried at a 512k connection but from my experience you don't actually get what you pay for. It might say that you have a 512k connection but you may only get halfway between 256 and 512. I have a 3meg and I only get from 1.5 to about halfway to the 3meg speed. So if you can I would definitely upgrade that connection a bit if you can and see what happnes. Sorry for the long post. :D
Good luck

hey i
tried a game with a boy who lives next to my house
the ping time for both of us was 73-100ms
still the game lags not that much as it was b4 but still lags
we both had a speed of 512kbps still game lagging was dere
man

help me

To get that ping down more you will probably have to up your connection still. I would go to at least 1meg to 1.5. That will most likely solve your problem.

airtel broaband provides max of 2Mbps connection ... though this is in only some areas i will try this first ... still there are lot more factors ... try playing in a server in singapore or somewere nearer ... i always find this improves performance by few fps ...

Even if you bought a brand new computer with the fastest processor, motherboard, memory etc etc, you will still lag because of your internet connection. 100ms ping to the guy next door stinks. I play an online game and my ping to a server 300 miles away is about 30ms. The company that provides your internet access will first have to improve its service before you can play games on it.

I just had a thought. Are you using satellite internet access? Satellite internet access is really only good for surfing the web because the technology induces very high pings.

It could also be your Nic card.

With a Mobo that Slow it makes me wonder if you even have a
10/100/1000 gigabit card. That may be the difference between you and your friend.
Either Way i Agree with the others , your connection is way too slow for a game like FIFA 2007.
Remember you will never get the same connection speed that is usually stipulated by your ISP ,
there are many factors that may affect your performance.

For Example:

*If your using a wireless connection , and you have many interruptive elements in your house. (such as 5gh cordless phones , microwaves , big screen TV's Etc...) .

*If You are running on a wired network and your cables are all messed up.

*On guard Firewalls enabled by any of your anti-viruses .

*Or Clogged phone lines. Sometimes you need to make sure that your phone lines are clean enough to achieve Better connection speed.

*Or it may Be An over populated Server.

Please look in to those elements i just mentioned and see if any of them applies to your spec.

** But Still think that you should really consider an upgrade on your DSL service**

Check this Site (www.usr.com) if your interested in acquiring new networking hardware to Boost your speed.

Regards.... :)

i use the same connection and play Guild wars ... anarchy online ... both the servers are relatively very far away ... but i use a 512 Kbps ... and that is the difference ... and it is not a wireless connetion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back