lan card + mobo lan for two connections?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SornyPanafonic

i was wondering if i could have two connections to the net - one for my regular lan card that im using now, and another one with my mobo lan - that way i figure twice the speed. i would use my linksys router from my house where i have two comps to connect the two to my one jack. is this plausible? have i been smoking too much? lemme know if this is possible. much thanks

'Smoking' may be the case, depending on your goal here. :)

If you are looking to make the net faster; No, this will not be a solution.

If you are looking to make your local area network faster, then perhaps.

Your network jack (just one) is many, many, many, many, many, many times faster than your Internet connection, unless you are on something like OC192. ;) DSL & cable multiplied by double digit numbers is often still not enough to keep up with your LAN.

Now, if you have two internet connections and two lines, that might be more interesting. Perhaps you can bridge two DSL connections using two modems, two lines and two network cards to double your internet thoroughput. I've never done it though, but it might make a good project if you have the money to play with it. :)

haha :haha:

indeed just one of very few goals i do have.

the main reason i was thinking this is that im on a shool network and im really trying to pick up the speed. and since when i open up my Network Connections folder i have two connections one of which im using while the other just sits there. so i thought why not have both working. i wish i had the money to get two connections and two modems, cuz i then i could spend it on booze :D. im going to get my linksys up from home and see if it works - the last time i hooked it up on my school network i kept getting two ip addresses but ehh. ima try this out tho since im really bored and my CoD stopped working for mulitplayer (WHYYYY???!!!!). much thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back