LAN connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not computer literate so bear with me. My daughter recently got a laptop - we have a Linksys Wireless G broadband router. All of a sudden, she can't get online and the Windows XP balloon comes up at the bottom of her screen and says LAN - network cable unplugged. This was all set up by a "professional" so I know it was done correctly and it has worked fine for about a month. My daughter says she hasn't bothered any of the cables on our home computer. I am at a loss and on the brink of losing it - 14 year old girl, no internet connect??!! Please help.

first of all how is she connecting to the network, via a usb wireless connecter, a pcmcia card or is it built into the laptop?!?

usally that balloon means that either the router has been unplugged from the modem (dsl or cable box) or it has been unplugged from its power. Check both

Laptops usually have a wireless connection and a( hardline connection Ethernet card)
If you are connecting to a wireless hub then go to the Newtwork connections and disable the Ethernet card that will stop the message for the lack of a cable.
Then on the wireless connection > click on properties > and confirm configuration there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back