TechSpot

LAN enabled games for LAN party!

By atherton1989
Dec 18, 2006
  1. Hey guys im having a LAN party soon and im looking for as many LAN enabled games as possible, preferably ones which are not key specific (e.g. ones where shared keys work)

any help would be great, links or game lists.

Thanks in advance
    Atherton1989
    =]

2. elfi

elfi TS Rookie Posts: 107

hi i am also looking for the same thing but more co-op over LAN
    I got these games:

Unreal tournament 2004
    doom 3
    swat 4
    rainbow six series
    ghost recon
    serious sam 2

did you found any other?

3. frankibo

frankibo TS Rookie Posts: 83

If you want to play free good lan games you try games like Enemy Territory, Trackmania Nations. You can download them and play against each other.

4. chillzs

chillzs TS Rookie Posts: 24

Halo is always a good game for LAN parties but it does require everyone to have a key as far as I know.

If you wants co-op you could try medal of honor the game is a little older but still a good time.

Steven

5. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

Halo is for noobs

Get Counterstrike / Half-life Deathmatch

Those games do not need keys ( Unles you buy from a vendor like GameStop ) if you buy them from Steam... They are like $10 each so it's not that much ;)

6. chillzs

Halo is for noobs

Perhaps but it is still fun never the less

Steven

7. elfi

elfi TS Rookie Posts: 107

He chillz

Can you play medal of honor coop on LAN? i mean like play single missions with more than on person?
    cause i am looking for those kind of games

8. chillzs

Ya after re-reading everything I just got what you ment and no not the missions but they do have objective based games you can play teams. If that makes sence

9. Red_Dog-BOM-

Red_Dog-BOM- TS Rookie

BF2 has many mods that can be played via lan. Our modding group produced a COOP online Multi-player version of BF2 for Special Forces that has everything you need for setting up and playing a Lan with COOP against bots.

www.blackopsmercenaries.us

10. atherton1989

atherton1989 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

WOW thanks everyone for your replies, i dont like enemy territory, so thats out of the picture, i already have halo and a *cough* crack *cough* to get around the individual keys, medal of honor i will get thanks!!!
    i will also look into trackmainia nations.

thanks again everyone

11. Kiunno

Kiunno TS Rookie

Great games for A LAN Party

Hey Guys and Gals
    First time on the site,MOH is not a coop mission based game (unless you have 2 teams of 2 obviously) but is quite good,COD is an excellent LAN game with use of tanks,artillery,jeeps etc, a real gem,Vietcong is real good coop game against enemy but it requires some pretty heavy hardware to cope with the game,Blackhawk Down is excellent with use of the Blackhawks with mini-guns but is not coop,hope that helps

12. stephen777

stephen777 TS Rookie Posts: 27

gunbound and gunz the deul

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.