Laptop. Advice needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerkid

Alright im telling him that $3,500 is way to much for an apple laptop that he has to get for my sis for college...well this college is like saying that u have to get all these specs speciic and ****...idk well its for some graphics designing or sumtin..well here are the specs a 2.0GHz intel duo core,2GB RAM, 100BG ATA hard drive,an ATI x1600 video card (mayb 1800 i cant remember), and a dvd burner, and it doesnt say ne thing about a mobo or ne thing. and I was like dad I can build a computer for u thats 2 times better than that for like $1000 cheaper....well my question is do you also think that it is a jip or no am i just crazy???

That's an absolutely top of the line laptop they are asking for there..

If they are asking for Apple, then it is probably because of some design software they use there and you can't really replace it with a PC.

yea if you want the premium performance and features of an Apple, you will pay the Premium price to match. Graphic designers need an Apple about 90% of the time since Mac OS X has all the design software built into iLife 06' You cant build an Apple Laptop since Apple doesnt sell OEM version of its Mac OS X operating system. Looks like your stuck with it.

...AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back