TechSpot

Laptop all kinda of messed up

By jason590
Feb 12, 2010
  1. so my laptop has been acting strange for about a week now and after searching for what might be the problem i decided to ask.

it started with my laptop not shutting down. when ever i clicked on shut sown in the start menu it just stayed on the desktop with the timer and i could not do anything. When i held the power button it would turn off but immediately turn on again with out me pressing the button. i ran spydoctor and malware byte and they didnt pick up anything. It then began failing to restart.

i decided to reboot my whole laptop in order to just start everything fresh. but now that i did that my laptop still does not shut down or restart, and now it doesnt connect to teh automatic updated or the windows update web site. and if i try to update IE it gets stuck

is thee any chance it could still be a virus of some sort even with the reboot or am i just SOL

2. Broni

Broni Malware Annihilator Posts: 47,668   +267

If the same issue is still present after reinstalling Windows, I can't see how it could be some infection issue.

3. jason590

jason590 TS Rookie Topic Starter

that's what i was afraid of

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.