Laptop Boiling!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nismo91

Hello all im here again with the issues against acer.
i figure it out just now that, ATI X 1600 HM was only giving slight heat so i was wrong to assume that its the main problem.

The MAIN problem is the Intel Core 2 Duo itself.

Just now i'm shock to see that the laptop:
max battery : 1ghz speed locked, 70*C
max performance : 2ghz locked, 98*C then shutdown
dynamic / default : 2ghz speed most of the time cuz i know its infected by virus so cpu usage = 100% most of the time.

I decided to ask her to prepare for recovering and backup is in the progress.

In the meantime, i want to know "what is the odd of two similar acer overheating with same issue"?

If i claim the warranty will there any chances problem will persists?

one more thing, both laptop, afaik, never spin its fan loudly, means that the rpm is not high. refering to my old travelmate, its much more quiter when busy. I guess i need to replace the stock acer fan?

the previous issue is HERE

I;m not sure as there 90 processes, im sure there's lot of mess and virus on it.

however, the computer is hot since its new but now going worse.

Go to acer and change the cpu fan? i've already email them. btw im sure this is not manufacture defect (see last post)
Elevate the laptop? Already 4cm'
Put a cooler? I already install a 2-fans cooler below it.
Turn on air-conditioner? Already max 16*C most of the time.

in this week, i'll take a video of it, let people know how crazy it is.
when the cpu speed goes up, temp goes up violently and when speed goes down the temp down too...

Sounds to me like its internal fans aren't working properly.

Have you checked the BIOS settings and a BIOS update?

ImageZoom extension is a nice to have in Firefox.. you could have scaled the original 50%.

yeah, i believe how come the fan wouldnt run as fast as my travelmate...
sorry for the image, i havnt crop it properly.
but how come there's 2 piece of acer doing that?
asap im going to the service centre and get her a solution...

Set the performance to "max battery" until you've sorted out the virus infection (or whatever is causing 100% CPU usage).

yeah, otherwise it'll be boiling. But the problem is that, when its new right, when there's no virus still, she could not play games.
It's because any games that she play will drag the speed of the processor up and cause the laptop to be very2 hot. As stated in previous thread, im very confused about what to do...

So basically its like the processor cant be 2ghz in order to be cool, 70*C, thats pretty bad for a laptop and do you have other suggestion beside claiming warranty also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back