Laptop Boot issue

So, I've owned my P151HM1 gaming laptop for around 3 years now and for the most part I haven't had any issues. However when I start my laptop it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card(even after switching my SSD to the #1 position in the bios menu). Normally this isn't that much of an issue as I can just cycle through the bios boot options using CTRL+ALT+DEL. The main issue that I am having now is that the last time I was using my laptop, I used hibernate instead of the normal "sleep" or "standby". Now, whenever I attempt to start my laptop up the message "Resume from hibernate" is on my screen which is normal except it tries to resume using the ethernet card. If the laptop is in hibernate, evidently I am not able to access the BIOS menu or cycle through my boot drives. I have read that a way to fix this might just be taking the battery out and letting any residual power that the motherboard might be running off of fade away over time. I read that this normally only takes 20 minutes or so. I tried waiting 20 minutes and it didn't work so I just tried again but waited a few hours this time before putting the battery back in and attempting to start my laptop up. The laptop is still attempting to boot from hibernate. Does anyone know of any way to get to the BIOS menu from the hibernate screen? Or does anyone know of anyway to fully shut off my laptop(to get rid of hibernate), and just start up normally? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

it always defaults to booting off of the ethernet card
This means that BIOS is not seeing any HD, marked Active and contains a bootable partition

This might be too obvious, but when you change the boot order, you do 'save and exit' the BIOS ? (It's easy to make changes then just 'exit' thinking that's enough.)
Otherwise it might be worth using a partioning program to check if your Windows O/S partition is 'active'.
Windows 'Disc management' will show this info; would look something like; Local disc C: 149GB NTFS (Healthy, System, boot, active, crash dump, primary partition)

Remember: Bios starts at the top of the list and continues until if finds a suitable resource. As booting via the PXE network interface is 99.999% of the time dead last in the list, accessing is a defacto proof that a CD or HD were not found.

Back