Laptop boot stops / thinks J key is held down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, thanks for reading!

A while ago my laptop (Acer Aspire 6920G) ceased to work overnight. I noticed no problems with it beforehand and when i came to it in the morning it just wouldn't turn on.

A couple of months later, the laptop now turns on but stops booting until i either hold down the delete key or press the J and K keys simultaneously. When i get to the windows welcome screen to put in my password, the laptop thinks the j key is being held down and will continue to do so until J and K are pressed at the same time again. Afterwards, the keyboard totally doesn't work except the delete key, however I don't think that the keyboard is causing it as i've removed it and the problems persist.

Other problems I now have are that the battery won't charge and even though when it's in the laptop charging is says that there is some power in it, after i remove the mains the laptop will just turn off.

I've been searching online for solutions for quite a while but with no luck so instead i've come and asked for help. Anything you might be able to do is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Pini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back