Laptop built-in webcam showing as "USB 2.0 camera" and not working anymore

SaladFinger

It didnt use to show as "USB2.0 camera" but it says its working properly.
it showed as something else before... biso something...
but just today I tried using the webcam it wasnt working for the life of me. I restarted the computer, turn the webcam on and off, checked to see if there is new drivers. I couldnt fix it

help me

1. What's the make and exact model of your computer?
2. What version of Windows is running on the computer?
3. Have you gone to the computer provider's support site and looked for a hardware specific web cam driver?
4. The current name "USB 2.0 cam" sounds like it might be using the Windows generic driver. Open Device Manager, right click the cam->Properties then Driver tab. Who is the Driver Provider? (if it says Microsoft, that's the generic cam driver)

Hmmm.. Don't know what to say but MSI support for your computer claims it works with the native (i.e. "generic" Windows driver) for Vista and Win 7

Look HERE and scroll to the end for the Camera drivers. MSI doesn't provide any and says it should work with generic drivers :confused:

You can look see [post=732032]How to identify your webcam (and then find its driver)[/post] then post the Hardware IDs for your cam. Maybe i'll find something else. IDK

Hmmm.. Don't know what to say but MSI support for your computer claims it works with the native (i.e. "generic" Windows driver) for Vista and Win 7

Look HERE and scroll to the end for the Camera drivers. MSI doesn't provide any and says it should work with generic drivers :confused:

You can look see [post=732032]How to identify your webcam (and then find its driver)[/post] then post the Hardware IDs for your cam. Maybe i'll find something else. IDK

Okay so I followed through with the instructions on downloading DriverEasy, Theres an available driver for :Realtek USB 2.0 Card reader, so I downloaded it, but when i tried installing it, it had said I either have to download the full professional version OR I would have to install it manually... and so I tried, but it consists of too many files and programs I have no clue of. It doesnt specifically specify which is the setup... each one select brings me to a page of those weird alphabets and numerals ..lol
So at this point I'm just confused, because it worked fine 2 days ago.

Oh right the Hardware id :

USB\VID_0402&PID_5608&REV_0100&MI_00

USB\VID_0402&PID_5608&MI_00

It's a pretty crappy cam btw

<snip>It's a pretty crappy cam btw
Crappy, huh? NOW you tell me! LOL j/k ;)

It seems that cam had a "Bison driver" that ran under Vista but seems no one can find a Windows 7 hardware specific driver for it (and seems that the Windows 7 generic driver doesn't work for that cam :( )

You're probably best to get a new one

Hmmm.. Don't know what to say but MSI support for your computer claims it works with the native (I.e. "generic" Windows driver) for Vista and Win 7

You can look see [post=732032]How to identify your webcam (and then find its driver)[/post] then post the Hardware IDs for your cam. Maybe I'll find something else. IDK
This page no longer exists is there a different website were I can find the driver I'm looking at this website https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SCANNER-Digital-CAMERA-WEBCAM/Microsoft/ but I'm not sure if its to be trusted

Back