Laptop buying advice

I need a laptop that meets the following

What is your budget?
US 600-850

What country will you be buying this in?
Purchasing online from Grenada

What size notebook do you prefer?
Mainstream (15 - 16-inch screen)

What brands do you like or dislike?
Like: Acer, Sony, Toshiba
Dislike: I was told HP is not a good brand

Would you consider a refurbished laptop?
No

What are the primary tasks you need this notebook for?
Web Surfing, Office and Productivity Software, Listening to Music, Photo Editing, Computer Programming, Video Chat and Conference, Movie Streaming and Viewing, Output Video to TV or Large Monitor

Where will you be using this laptop?
Will be used different places

How many hours of battery life do you need?
5+

Will you be buying online or in store?

Which OS do you prefer?
Windows 8 or Windows 7

List the screen resolutions that interest you:
High Resolution (1600 x 900)
Max Resolution (1920 x 1080)

Do you prefer a glossy or matte screen?
Glossy or Matte is fine

Is the laptops design important to you?
Yes

Approximately what date will you be buying this laptop?
ASAP

How long do you want this laptop to last?
5 years +

How much storage capacity do you need?
750 GB minimum

Are you interested in SSD for storage?
Maybe. Not too sure

Do you want a built-in optical drive, what type?
DVD Burner

Thanks for your recommendations. Someone told me about the Toshiba P50. What do you think?
Well thats a wide range of notebook choices as its a customization laptop. But I have heard they are good laptops if you want a touch screen. Toshiba in general are some of the more rugged laptops on the market which is why I like them for family laptops. They can take a beating and keep working, I have yet to have one actually fail on me.

The only complaint I would say after looking at what you can get on this laptop is that its in the range of the Ultra books where it contains a low voltage i5 or i7 and alot of cheaper components designed to keep the cost down because of the inclusion of a touch screen. My mother has a similar version of this laptop and its good for basic needs. But seeing some of what you want to do with it (Photo editing, web chatting/surfing, hd video streaming) it should suffice, but because of the standard included 5400RPM Harddrive, its going to feel a bit slow.

My advice still stands to try and find a laptop that contains an A10 5750m processor over an i5 4200u.

Back