Laptop crashes repeatedly and seemingly randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My laptop is continiously crashing. It seems random, happens doing many different things, and sometimes long, sometimes short time since power up.

Attempts to reformat and reinstall Windows: the computer crashed during that process also.

Dump Files

CPU: Celeron 1.5
Motherboard: Toshiba M50
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: not sure - boot says 447MB
GPU: Ati Radeon Express 200
PSU (do not leave this out): Unsure how to tell Laptop PSU

Attempts to rule out CPU overheating, have failed because Speedtest, MotherBoard Monitor, Everest all do not read a temperature sensor.

Thanks kindly for your help!

Let me know what else I can provide to help you help me.

Memory will definately do this and could be easily diagnosed if you have two memory cards(modules). Chances are you may have 2 memory cards since you have 447 (512 minus shared programs)Just take out one of them and try to install. If you don't make a complete install then take that module out and put the other in and try the install. If one of the modules allow a complete install then you know the other is bad. Then run the computer on that good module just to check it out. One caveat though if it is in warranty check to see if opening the computer memory compartment will void the warranty.
If you have a copy of Knoppix Live cd you could try to boot it from the cd drive. If it doesn't boot then it could be memory because it doesn't need the hard drive to boot...just good memory, a good copy of Knoppix, and a good cdrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back