Laptop crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have advertec laptop computer. the computer will boot up log on and stay logged on for a few seconds then it just shuts off and won't tunr back on. The computers fan dose not even sound like it's running. it heats up in like 5.4 seconds? is there a fix for this?

"is there a fix for this?"

Yes, buy a new laptop :) Seriously, try removing the battery and use only the AC adapter

Yes, open up the laptop, and check if the heatsink is settled properly on the cpu core. What model laptop is this?

umm..

i have opened up the laptop i have been running it with the back panel off back when it ran becuse it kept it cooler. i cleaned the fan once. are u talking about the orange colorded bar it gets way hot like realy fast.lol i am not a computer tech. i know the basics. I think it's a advertech 6200

Running the laptop disassembled can leave it vulnerable to static damage. Anyway, to properly do what NSFAN suggests, you would have to disassemble the heatsink from the CPU, clean off and reapply any thermal paste on the heatsink assembly

Yeah, you do have to reapply the thermal paste. My suggestion is as I said...Take the cooler off and of course clean off the old thermal paste. Reapply some new thermal paste such as Arctic Silver 5 or Arctic Cooling MX-2 and then power it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back