Laptop display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently installed a new panel for my laptop after the other one was dropped by my little ***** brother. The computer is a IBM T42p with XP on it (slack coming as soon as I stop being so damn lazy) and the display is 15"(UXGA). The install of the panel went good but after booting it up and installing XP again the view of the screen is shifted down to the right. It is like the view is drawn for a panel that should be larger than the panel actually is. In otherwards, right now I have a 1024x768 resolution, on the top and left sides of the view there is about two and a half or three inches of black until the end of the panel and on the right and bottum side there is about an inch. I have my drivers updated (ATI mobility fire gl t2) and I have no idea what to do. When I go home this weekend (im at school) I am going to get pc support to look at it and see if they can do anything with it. If you can think of anything I can do please tell me.

have you ever tried to restore ur system at a previous well known state?

sorry for my bad english but i didnt understand what u mean by sayin panel pls tell me easy so that i can help u

By panel I mean the actual screen. You know with laptops you have the inverter card and then the actual display or panel. As far as restoring to a previous point, that is not a possibility. Along with having the panel installed, I had to put in a new harddrive because the old one failed on me.

It sounds like a screen adjustment in the displays property pages .You should be be able to shift the display position
If you have installed a recommended screen and you have set it to it's native refresh rate resloution etc.

Im not quite clear on that last sentence but as far as screen adjusments go for this laptop it is only availiable if i have a crt monitor hooked up.

I believe a UXGA screen has a native resolution of 1600x1200 ,LCD screens should be run in their native resolution.You can damage them if you don't.
I have an LCD Iyyama that has screen position adjustments.Take a close look at all the property pages(especially Advanced settings) for Display,Vidcard,and the ATI software program if you loaded it.

Hmmm!
I can only think that the drivers you have loaded for your vid card are not correct/capable of driving that screen; so maybe try another version.
Try running the machine with only standard vga drvers just as a test this may act like a reset for the screen.
Does a seperate monitor display O.K.?
Did you try a different resolution,and what happened?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back