Laptop Dying?

Hi, I'm new and I'm hoping to find help with my laptop. Don't know if it's worth saving, or even possible. Replaced hard drive last year, now it's started shutting down randomly. Can't use it without being plugged in anymore, but even when plugged in overnight and not in use, it's shutting down and I have to restart. Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

LOL, sorry, I knew I'd probably do this wrong! Not an internet poster, and I will read through the article, just don't know how much time my laptop has right now. HP pavillion dv7, it's got windows 7, after I upgraded to windows 10 it seemed to fry my hard drive and that's when I had to replace it, and I reverted back to windows 7, now this problem. This laptop is from 20011, but I really don't want to have to buy a new one if I don't have to.

There's a good chance that it's overheating unless it's been cleaned and the thermal paste replaced on the motherboard. Laptops need to be serviced from time to time. If you are still on the original battery you could have a problem there too.

Back