Laptop freezes when connect to motel network

Hi all,

Im a student currently in overseas for school project program and stay in a motel. Recently my laptop keep giving me problem where it freezes when loaded into window with wifi automatically connect to motel wifi paid service... the computer freezes at various interval or oni the mouse ( arrow point) moves while keyboard are unresponsive. The mouse cannot select any program or click on anything..but just moves and my laptop freezes as rapid clicking... I have to use on button to forcefully shut down the laptop and tried many times...
however. When my laptop is connected to my school wifi or the wifi was closed,it work like a charm... this puzzle me alot...
I have tried to forget the motel network and reconnect to the motel wifi.
initially it works for a while...however..it when back to the same old problem. Especially using skype... can anyone help me? I am way behind in project work. Sorry for the long msg and poor english. Thanks in advance

Take it somewhere else and try connecting there; if you get the same problem, then suspect your wifi driver? how do you connect when at home or at school?

I connect via wireless network and it work like a charm when using my handphone hotspot and school network. however, when I tried to connect via motel wifi, it work randomly, sometime it works, but freezes when the wifi lose connection/ dc from network. most of the time the laptop just freeze when I tried to login to the wifi service via 2.2.2.2 portal. so far the best session I had lasted 1 hr plus, but before I finished my use of the day, the connection was lost and freezes. this is very fustrating. I spend more time solving this issue than on my honor yr project.....

Use a wired connection and look for a new WiFi driver update

Back