Laptop Freezes ....wierd....PleEeaAassssee HELP !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys ...I have a HP Pavillion DV5000 .. Intel Centrino Duo , Core Duo.....with xp home edition ...
the computer freezes during workin on it ....i donno why !!
....but usualy when am online ....i use wireless connection all the time ...once think it freezes while usin UMTS connection usin a nokia 6630 cellulare.....

i have norton internet secuirty (comes with the computer )

more spcifications :
intel wireless , 1 gb ram...
plz help me to find the coz of the problem coz it freezes every day !!! it's driving me crazy !!

thx

plz help

get rid of all norton software use avira of avg free use mozilla firefox browser not ie and are u using the wireless adapter software or window wireless software or what

I've had zonealarm (firewall) to freeze and BSOD. I now use Sygate. Your setting for your wireless card (is it an Intel Pro 2200 bg card?) may have to be tweeked to get it to run right. Your "Power Management" software setting on your card has to be set to "highest value" or the computer will drop the signal. This is done in the "device manager". If you need more details let me know.

My HP did come with NS with Home Edition, the first step was to remove NS. Then go into the BIOS and see how much video RAM is being use from your system RAM. Use the lower number should be 32.

i'll remove norton...but can i use kaspersky ...coz i trust it ....
and am usin the windows software to connect to wireless networks.....
my wifi card is Intel Pro 3945ABG ... i didn't get exactly how to tweek it right .....
and tipstir ..what is NS ??

i know am hard to explain but...plz help

To tweak your wireless card, if you are using XP go to start-then right click "my computer" then "properties" under the "hardware" tab click on "device manager" under "network adaptors" right click your wireless card (Intel Pro 3945ABG) and choose "properties" under the "Advanced" tab click on the "power management" choice deselect the "use default value" by clicking on it and then slide the bar to "highest" value. This will allow the computers wireless card to run wide open instead of trying to adjust to the speed of the router which it doesn't do well. This will keep the computer from loosing the signal and maybe freezing your wireless connection. Click on "ok" to exit which will save the new values.

thanks guys

thx guys till now no freezin ....i tweaked my wifi card and i switched to mozilla firefox which i recommend to everyone ....and no errors till now !!! thx guys again .......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back