Laptop freezes

I have an HP ENVY 15 jt-100 laptop.

I have it setup linked to a monitor, keyboard and mouse on my desk.

However, when I unplug all this stuff and move the laptop to my bed, every once and a while, the computer acts in a "slow-motion" state in which audio is distorted, and everything is running extremely slow (CPU usage is a constant 100% during this state) for one minute or so. Then it goes back to normal, but repeats sometimes.

I'm a computer guy, and I'm not sure what to do here. my warantee on the computer has expired as well
Quite strange, any help?

If you have the laptop on the bed while using it. This could be the cause. Using a laptop on a bed will cause it to overheat. Try using it on a wood table or such and see if that solves your problem.

If you have the laptop on the bed while using it. This could be the cause. Using a laptop on a bed will cause it to overheat. Try using it on a wood table or such and see if that solves your problem.
that is possible, but the way the computer acts doesn't seem like it should be the way it is... I guess its intense thermal throttling, but I'm not doing intense tasks when it does it...

When you have it sitting on the bed. You are blocking its air flow, Due to the vents being covered.

Back