Laptop gaming help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

New here, didn't know exactly where to post, but here goes:

I have a Gateway laptop, 80GB harddrive, AMD Turion 64 processor, ATI Xpress 200M video card, etc, ect...

I just bought KOTOR I and thought I'd give it a try. However, I'm getting like 1 or 2 fps and it really sucks. My computer works perfect with games like: Counter Strike: Source, Rome: Total War, Tiger Woods Golf 07, and a couple of other games I've played...

I don't understand why my video card is crapping out with this game but when I play more "stringent" games, it does fine.

Anybody have any suggestions? Yeah, I should probably get a new video card, but I dunno if my laptop is able to have that done.

Thanks for the help,

CJ

More stringent games? Like what? Rome: Total War's requirements aren't too high and CS:S's engine allows it to work fine even with old cards like the MX440. Try playing something like GTA: SA or Call of Duty 2 and see what happens. Chances are, it will be like a slideshow. Your video card has only 4 pipelines so it will lag like hell and no, it is not possible to upgrade it. So you're just stuck with it IMO. :(

So, KOTOR needs more resources than these other games? KOTOR is what, 4 years old? I just bought my laptop last year, shouldn't the credentials be equivalent?

I played COD I on my computer...

Just because u bought ur laptop recently doesn't mean it was made with gaming in mind. It has an integrated graphics chipset which means it uses system RAM and it's also based on the old X300 series of chipsets, which are not very suitable as gaming cards.

You can't do anything except get a new lappie methinks. Or turn down the graphics settings as low as possible.

Yea ditto with Rage, you are stuck with the video chipset you have installed.

I cant see why you cant play the game however. It has very low requirements IIRC

Yeah well, with a 4-pipeline card you can't expect the game to run very well at high settings, which is what he's trying to do IMO. Or maybe the card has compatiblility issues with the game, which is common for laptop graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back