Laptop graphics upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

rliu

Out of interest, or rather because I'm considering buying a laptop, can you change the graphics card on a laptop like you would with a desktop? Because I've seen reports where company executives have said with their new ranges you can upgrade the graphics card.

You'd be far better getting a laptop that already has decent graphics and then concentrating on other upgrades that you know it will take, like bigger HDD, more memory, and other stuff like a PCMCIA Creative Audigy 2 card, etc.

get a new laptop, upgrading one will suck alot if ur doing it urslef b/c it most always involves poping out the keyboard or deassembling the "case" of it unless u wanted the company to do it which will cost alot of money and you wont see it for at least 2 weeks

i have the same problem, my laptop's vid card sucks big time so im getting a new one soon

Generally no. But you can on some expensive models. Laptops really aren't meant for gaming. They're built for business people and students who mostly use applications like word processing and spreadsheets or watch a few movies while on a trip.

Upgrading laptop components can be difficult if you don't know what you're doing. And because laptops are expensive be VERY careful when attempting to mess with the innards. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're very experienced with electronics. The general rule of thumb with laptops is buy the memory capacity and video capacity when your first buy the thing. (in other words have it pre-installed.)

If you whant a good laptop was really good graphics then check out Alienware's laptops.... :grinthumb :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back