Laptop having connection issues

Sometimes my laptop would disconnect from the internet even though its working.
I've tried using the troubleshooter but it would say that the problem is fixed but then it would happen again in the next 10 min or so.
Occasionally while I'm playing a game, my ping would rise up to 400 or more.

Which connection? Wifi or wired? If it's wifi, then who knows what the problem is - your router and/or distance to it most likely.

If the distance is within 5 metres or so, you could try plugging in a cable and turning off wifi. If you still get random slowdowns inside a browser, chances are the router is toast.

I can't suggest much to you if you're using wifi, since you do have a connection. Wifi is pretty fragile, and things like bluetooth mice, microwaves, mobile phones will easily disrupt it.

On your WiFi router turn it off and on.
Which OS are you on?
If your on Windows go to the device manager and uninstall the device and driver for WiFi but don't delete the driver. Reboot the system let Windows will restore the driver from fresh point. You need to log into the right SSID and type in the password.

Try it again. Also start from the WiFi Router range then walk around your pad and see how far you go before the 5 bars star to drop. If this happens you might want to consider getting WiFi Access Point to help fill in the WiFi drop spots you have. This will allow the 5 bars to stay far bars instead of dropping.

Back