Laptop HD to Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISHA8725

I have several laptop hard drives that I need to see the contents of. I'm finding plenty of these little adapter things that you can put directly into a computer's hardware. But I'm looking for something a little more along the lines of a media card reader (USB if possible?) only for laptop hard drives. They have external hard drives with USB connections for 3.5 hard drives, why can't someone make the same thing for laptop hard drives? If someone has knowledge on this type of situation replies are welcome. Thanks!

MISHA8725 said:
They have external hard drives with USB connections for 3.5 hard drives, why can't someone make the same thing for laptop hard drives?
They make plenty of the 2.5" versions too.

Mind you, having a hard drive with exposed contacts and wires dangling around is just asking for trouble..

Nodsu said:
Mind you, having a hard drive with exposed contacts and wires dangling around is just asking for trouble..
Yeah. I was going to get one of those open USB kits that allow both the Desktop ATA connector as well as the laptop ATA connector, but I realized it probably is safer just to get an enclosure, especially if you plan on switching the drives around a lot. Not easier mind you, but safer, and especially with computer hardware, better safe than sorry. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back