laptop internet lan problems :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I have a problem with my laptop and my ISP.
I have internet and I get it by cable I just connect my computer and get internet it is DHCP or something. Ok everything works fine with my desktop computer, but when I do same thing to my laptop it says limited connection or no connectivity. I dont have any modem or something I just have regular lan cable thats it so I dont know where is problem.
I tried to copy all information from my desktop like IP and everything to laptop but then it showed that network is connected but internet still didn't work.

Start the computer, go to control panel, network connections and right click on the lan connection (1394) click properties then TCP/IP then properties. Make sure Obtain IP and DNS Automatically is checked. Click Advanced then WINS tab and make sure enable LMHOSTS lookup is checked and default is checked. OK your way out. Go to Start, Run and type CMD and hit enter. Type
IPRELEASE then IPRENEW. Restart the computer and hopefully you are cruising at a good speed.

Thank you for help, but I already did all that nothing worked so I called to my ISP and ask where is a problem and they explaned me that they register network card number and if somebody connects from other network card then they don't get internet. I saw some post with same questions I think they had same problem as me :)

OK I have another question I hope somebody can help with this.
I put 2 network cards in my desktop computer and I want to connect my desktop with my laptop and still have internet with other network card. But when I connect laptop with desktop internet just starts to die.
Ok does someone knows how I can make internet go through both computers?

OK I have another question I hope somebody can help with this.
I put 2 network cards in my desktop computer and I want to connect my desktop with my laptop and still have internet with other network card. But when I connect laptop with desktop internet just starts to die.
Ok does someone knows how I can make internet go through both computers?

If you use broadband/adsl, get yourself a router. If you use dailup internet, then you only have to setup Internet Connection Sharing on the pc connected to the i.net, then configure the rest of the network via home network wizard or control panel for the tech informed.

I use cable internet so I guess I need to buy router hmz... So there is no way that I can share cable internet using 2 network cards. I tryed to set it up networks but always something messes up.

linasl said:
So there is no way that I can share cable internet using 2 network cards. I tryed to set it up networks but always something messes up.
It could be remotly possible, but even if you do get it working the amount of troubleshooting doesnt justify the goal..

those guys with the white lab coats already figured it out for you, and it is called a router..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back