Laptop keeps crashing when used (Windows 7)

tuthurz

Hello,

I use an ASUS K42JV laptop running on Windows 7 and in the past few months I have this problem where suddenly as I'm gaming or browsing the internet it gets stuck on a buzzing sounds and proceeds to a BSOD, which forces me to restart it. At first it did it once a week and nowadays it's more like 5 times a day. I can't play a game for more than 20mins or browse on the internet without the risk of it happening.

This doesn't seem to be a overheating problem as it happens whether the computer is running cold or hot (I checked with everest and I can feel with my hands that it's not linked)

Here are my minidumps, 2 of them from today and yesterday, and some older ones.

Pls help! Thank you and merry xmas to yall.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    182 KB · Views: 4
And here some pictures if that helps:
D92E5Hb.jpg

DmN2Omn.jpg

Woops, is it better now? (I did an extension rename from .rar, should be OK now)

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    218.9 KB · Views: 3
There's this thing built in the laptop that allows me to switch between the Intel Graphics HD and the Nvidia GT335M to save performance, so I guess I have both

Here is a screenshot of my system:
ZO1DrZ2.png

French language? There are no yellow (!) in the device manager. Are you sure the laptop over-heating? Are the outside air vents clogged with dust or hair? What does "I can feel with my hands that it's not linked" this mean?

Yeah I'm french, the crashes aren't caused by overheating because I sometimes got crashes when the laptop is still "cold" a few minutes after booting (no heat whatsoever when I put my hand near the vent). The outside air vents are fine, don't seem to be clogged.

I didn't use the BIOS, but I disabled the Nvidia GPU, and it seems to work fine now, no crashes this morning, thank you! Shame I won't be able to run "taxing" games now, but it's better than nothing :)

I'm back, the crashes are back too, and now worse than ever, I don't even play games it crashes when I'm on the internet or when I'm doing a damn defrag. I can't use my computer for more than 1hour before I get some kind of BSOD :(

I added my new minidumps from recent crashes here.

As for the GPU issue Tmagic650, I don't see any option to disable one of them in the BIOS.

Attachments

• Minidump2.zip
    109.5 KB · Views: 3
Back