Nov 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. System Informations:
    Laptop Model : HP Pavilion G6
    Processor : Intel Core i5 2.5Ghz (4CPU)
    RAM : 6GB
    Graphic Card : ATI Radeon 7450 (1Ghz)

More Details :
    I Recently did format to my pc with new OS and installed new drivers for everything...
    I Downloaded COD : Ghosts and my pc has the recommened requirements for this game but it lags as hell..I dont know whats going wrong...
    All tips are welcome!!Thanks in Advance!

2. hopgop1

hopgop1 TS Enthusiast Posts: 192   +22

Can't guarantee it isn't hardware related but COD: Ghosts has an issue where the auto settings can be too high for your PC, do I recommend checking the games and setting them onto manual and find the sweet spot for your system. If you can try another game and see if the issue isn't just restricted to COD: Ghosts. Also use a program like CoreTemp to check your temps when a game is running.

3. al13nas

al13nas TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already have coretemp ... temps are around 75-80 (°C)...its ok
    all the games lag...even counter strike 1.6...I dont know what's going wrong!!

4. hopgop1

That is quite high but it is a laptop, so it should't be a problem, have you checked all your drivers are up to date? Sounds like a driver problem to me.

5. al13nas

I Checked with 3 programs all system's drivers...everything is up to date!

6. hopgop1

What is your exact processor model?

7. al13nas

2450M Intel i5

8. hopgop1

Sorry, I can't think of anything else that may help you, you might have to wait for a more experienced member to help you. Sorry =[

9. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

Your graphics card does not meet the minimum requirement for the game. The minimum calls for a Radeon HD 5870 and the Radeon HD 7450 is way, way below that.

Do a search for the HD 5870 and compare the picture to your HD 7450 and you'll see the massive difference in size.

Your processor might be okay but it is marginal at best but the main problem is the graphics card.

GhostRyder likes this.
  10. al13nas

Yes is test it .. but this is not the only game ..all games lag...even CS 1.6..I think something is missing and its not driver (for sure)

11. mailpup

Your graphics card is not suitable for most gaming. It's too weak.

12. al13nas

1gb for CS 1.6 is not enought? come on

13. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,311   +551

The HD 7450 is a very weak graphics card, its below even APU graphics. Look at the passmark score it receives.

HD 7450

Now im comparison is a few other Graphics cards to give you an idea:

Geforce 9800GT
    GTX 560
    Intel HD 4000 Built in On-Die GPU

14. mailpup

Somehow you have gotten the false notion that VRAM (the 1GB) is the measure of the power of graphics cards.

15. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,406   +1,595

But yet the recommended AMD card for Counter Strike is X700 which gives a passmark score 4.5 times lower than the Radeon HD 7450. What is it that I and the OP is missing?

This page never list GPU power and only suggest 1GB capable cards to be adequate. Counter Strike 1.6 system requirements

16. GhostRyder

On the Counterstrike side, that is odd, however for like CoD thats the explanation there, maybe the drivers are not installed properly or hes got the graphics settings turned to max.

But I was more going off what he asked at the beginning.

17. hopgop1

Ah ok this makes more sense, I assumed that al13nas was getting decent frame rates before, I didn't think to check minimum requirements. My bad.

18. al13nas

Well..one friend of mine has toshiba satelite i3 2,4ghz nvidia geforce 520 4gb ram ddr3 ...
    and he has no lag...I think my laptop is better btw.

19. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,284   +157

You will struggle to run cod ghosts or any high end game on that laptop.

You may be able to struggle by with low settings and low fps, Which sounds exactly like what is happening in your original post.

The hardware is simply not powerful enough.

Your friends laptop is very similar spec to yours, Though your processor is a little better and his graphics card is a little better.

The difference between them will be negligible.

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=Radeon HD 7450

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?gpu=GeForce GT 520M

Sorry if this is disappointing :(

20. al13nas

I think he cant play cod:ghost too..but he did..anyway..thanks for all

21. GhostRyder

Try Re-installing the Catalyst Control Center with the latest Beta Driver and see if you can play CS 1.6. Also adjust the video settings down to see if that solves your issue.

lchu12 and al13nas like this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.