Laptop monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

whtddusy516

First off, sorry if im in the wrong section lol

ok so my friend has a Toshiba Portege 7200CT laptop
recently he had his laptop fall off his bed (roughly 2 1/2 feet) and now his monitor wont work. Currently im accesing this website through that laptop but through its dock with external monitor hookup. So wihle everything else works, it kinda of defeats the purpose of it being mobile..so any help would be great for my friend.

thanksss
AJ

Sounds like the LCD is dead. Probably time to call Toshiba and see what the options are, and if it is work fixing or just getting a new one. All depends on if there is any warranty left and what all it covers.

hmm, i forgot to mention that when i switch the display back to the laptop, you can see the screen just as if someone turned down the brightness settins (but there are none...)
He got this thing out of recycling and hes just trying to keep it running since its his fastest. I'm pretty sure this thing has no warrenty on it.

His dad recommended that a cable came lose inside of it since we can somewhat see the screen, possibility?

I am pretty sure that if it came loose it would either be on or off. Nothing in between like you are talking about. If the computer isn't that old they might still be able to work on it and replace the LCD.

Although depending on what else could be wrong with it is mostly going to be cheaper to just get something new. Or try taking it apart to see if there is anything loose and see if you can fix it. Although i would only recommend that if you know there is no chance to get it fixed by Toshiba. They may not work on it if someone else opened the case.

Ok i'll tell him that, he likes to jump to conclusions before asking for help and most of his computers are now dead because of it, hes opened up his laptop a couple times and he "stripped" the screw that opens it up now so he cant even get into it.

Thanks for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back