Laptop performance possible problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've been going through the 8 steps.

I've ran a virus scan, used ccleaner and finally finished running malwarebytes.

EDIT: now done Superantispyware & HJT both logs attached

Please get control over the Tracking Cookies:

Reset Cookies

For Internet Explorer: Internet Options (through Tools or Control Panel) Privacy tab> Advanced button> CHECK 'override automatic Cookie handling'> CHECK 'accept first party Cookies'> CHECK 'Block third party Cookies'> CHECK 'allow per session Cookies'> Apply> OK.

For Firefox: Tools> Options> Privacy> Cookies> CHECK ‘accept Cookies from Sites’> UNCHECK 'accept third party Cookies'> Set Keep until 'they expire'. This will allow you to keep Cookies for registered sites and prevent or remove others.

I suggest using the following two add-on for Firefox. They will prevent the Tracking Cookies that come from ads and banners and other sources:
AdBlock Plus
Easy List

For Chrome: Tools> Options> Under The Hood> Privacy Section> CHECK 'Restrict how third party Cookies can be used'> Close.
(First-party and third-party cookies can be set by the website you're visiting and websites that have items embedded in the website you're visiting. But when you next visit the website, only first-party cookie information is sent to the website. Third-party cookie information isn't sent back to the websites that originally set the third-party cookies.)

You have run an outdated version of HijackThis. Please download from here: https://www.techspot.com/downloads/317-hijackthis.html and rescan.

What are the particular problems you're having?

As for the logs, they should each be attached per the instructions in the thread. Full logs must be attached.

I have re-run HJT and sorted the cookies but not sure what you mean about the logs. The ones I've attached to the first post are the ones that came up once the scan was complete.

It's mainly that my laptop runs slow at times.

Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU 430 @ 1.73GHz
Memory (RAM) 512 MB
Graphics Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Gaming graphics 64 MB Total available graphics memory
Primary hard disk 55GB Free (92GB Total)

Windows Vista (TM) Home Basic

System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Notebook
Model SIM2090_SIM2100
Total amount of system memory 512 MB RAM
System type 32-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 1
64-bit capable No

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 112 GB
Disk partition (C:) 55 GB Free (92 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 15 GB Free (20 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 32 MB
Shared system memory 32 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.14.10.1132
Primary monitor resolution 1280x800
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Network

Network Adapter Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
Network Adapter Atheros AR5007UG Wireless Network Adapter
Network Adapter Microsoft Tun Miniport Adapter

The first HIJT log you left was the wrong version and not complete. You left the other logs in an Edit- they were not there originally.

There are some unusual changes of the Name Server and the proxy override in the 2 HJT logs.

Can you give me any more information than 'my laptop is slow at times'?

So is mine and so is everyone else's, so how is your different, more specifically? Slow to do what? Startup? Shutdown? Surf? Playing games? etc.

Information on how much RAM is installed would also be helpful.

Well, here it is: Memory (RAM) 512 MB

You were posting while I was. Vista required a minimum of 2GB of RAM.

sorry it can be slow at starting up and programmes stopping.

About Vista it's what came with the laptop

EDIT: I wanted to make sure I didn't have anything on there that shouldn't be there

orondf, why are you making these kinds of useless replies? Better not to say anything. When does school start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back