Laptop problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby123

Posting a fresh log. seems my laptop works amazing well sometimes and freezes sometimes. I have done a hjt log now so can youplease take a look. Also I will do everything you tell me to this time as this is my dads and im fixing it for him

Attachments

• hijackthis for techspot.txt
    13.4 KB · Views: 6
There is no sign of any malware in your log. Keep track of what is being done when it freezes. How long has it been used, what programs are running, etc.

There is site called www.spychecker.com, on this site there are freeware and shareware tools for his purpose. I would recommend the freeware program called Spyware Terminator.

27689_medium.jpeg

I've used this on all my laptops and desktop. So far it has found some stuff and it uses ClamAV integration for added protection. You can give it try see if it helps. Once you run that then download spyblaster another freeware tool to keep the junk off the system in the first place.

http://www.spywareterminator.com/

I would not suggest that program. It has not been thoroughly tested. There are other more reliable free programs to use.

Well I've tested it on 4 PCs desktops and laptops I didn't see any problems using the produce with my own AV.

1. Spyware Terminator
2. Spyware Blaster

I would only run these two once and just update Spyware Blaster when needed. Spyware Terminator does have on-demand mode so it can protect the system. That works. I've tested a lot of software, but since this one was free I would suggest those to try it out. You can always remove it and try another one..

As I said, I still would not suggest it. There are other free ones that are much more trustworthy. Even though you have run it on multiple machines does not mean that it catches even half of the nasties the others do. The only ones I would suggest are on the short list here:

http://spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#trustworthy

If you look elsewhere on the page you will see that Spyware Terminator was listed under their Rogue Antispyware - it has been "delisted" due to improvements in their behavior but still isn't as trustworthy as the other free ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back