one day i turned it on and set it down. as soon as i picked it up it came it died. i then plugged in the ac and nothing so i disconnected the battery and ac waited and put it back together and nothing. geek squad tech (who i think was an *****) told me it could be a proken sotter with the ac plug. so i had them pull the infor off the hard drive, and when i got it back it worked. my roomate then mentioned that he could smell something burning when it was on. but now it seems to work just fine but i don't know how long it will last. question is what happened? Could it have been static electricity?