Laptop restarting after XP load

By TrevorLClan
Oct 19, 2007
  1. Im in highschool atm (age not like the time 858) and in class my teacher got a bunch of old laptops from a government building and he said we can just take them if we want one. So i got one...its got like a 650 processor but i dont know anything other than that. So anyways. When i start it up it gets to the Windows XP error screen where i select either start windows normally/last know good configurations/safe mode(reg, network, or with dos) No matter what option i select it loads XP the same way but when it gets done loading it it flashes another screen (blue but its a windows one, not the blue error screen) and then it restarts.

i cant run GWscan

ive disconnected everything and plugged it back in

please if theres anyone that can help me out it would be great.

2. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

Don't waste time trying to fix this installation. Assuming you have a valid XP product key on the machine, I would reinstall XP from scratch.
  3. TrevorLClan

TrevorLClan TS Rookie Topic Starter

but i cant do anything. I put xp in there and set it to boot to disk...still did the same thing...went to the boot options for windows. so im thinking i just need to either find a new hard drive or get a new laptop.

but if anyone does know anything would be appreciated.

4. AlbertLionheart

AlbertLionheart TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,026

It may be that it will not support XP - try and get hold of a copy of 98 and see if it will load that?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.