Laptop SATA HDD problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotary

Hi.... I encountered the next problem with my laptop: When booting from the Windows XP cd it says it can't find any hard drives, I've read on the forum about the same problem, and I understood that I need SATA Drivers.... ok, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive so I cannot use a floppy to load those dirvers... so I don't really know what to do.... If you have any suggestions, ideeas, or if you jnow how to get pass this issues please tell me.

Thanks.

Rotary said:
Hi.... I encountered the next problem with my laptop: When booting from the Windows XP cd it says it can't find any hard drives, I've read on the forum about the same problem, and I understood that I need SATA Drivers.... ok, but my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive so I cannot use a floppy to load those dirvers... so I don't really know what to do.... If you have any suggestions, ideeas, or if you jnow how to get pass this issues please tell me.

Thanks.

There's only two solutions.

1. Use a USB floppy drive. USB thumbdrives typically do not work, unless you can set USB storage floppy emulation in the BIOS.
  2. Rebuild your Windows XP install disc and slipstream SATA drivers. The easiest way is using n-lite.

Don't SATA drives require SCSI being set in the bios as well as with setting a SATA drive as the boot drive? In XP no additional SATA drivers are usually needed

Rick said:
There's only two solutions.

1. Use a USB floppy drive. USB thumbdrives typically do not work, unless you can set USB storage floppy emulation in the BIOS.
  2. Rebuild your Windows XP install disc and slipstream SATA drivers. The easiest way is using n-lite.

Thanks, I used a similar program to n-lite.... and eventualy it worked... after a day or so :)).... thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back